Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

california state testing STUDY!!!!!!

Here are the list of terms for flashcards. Due Tuesday!
Manifest destiny
Wilmot Proviso*
Susan B. Anthony
Compromise of 1850
Uncle Tom’s Cabin
Kansas-Nebraska Act
Dred Scott V. Sanford
Civil War
Emancipation Proclaimation
Gettysburg Address
13th amendment
14th amendment
15th amendment
KKK
Plessey V. Ferguson
Sherman Antitrust Act
Progressive-250
Spanish American War
Panama canal
17th Amendment
World War I
Wilson’s fourteen points-323
League of Nations
Great Gatsby-334
Anarchism
Red Scare
Palmer Raids
Marcus Garvey-343
Women’s Suffrage
Teapot dome-347
Espionage Act of 1918
Kellogg-Briand Post
Henry Ford-355
Upton Sinclair
Route 66-384
The Jazz Age
Harlem Renaissance
Langston Hughes-392
Zora Neal Hurston
Prohibition
Al Capone
KKK
Immigration Quotas
National Origins Act-404
Causes of the Great Depression
Hoovervilles
Election of 1932
Dust bowl
The Grapes of Wrath-444
New Deal
Eleanor Roosevelt-460
Social Security Act
Indian reorganization act-480
WWII
Lend-lease
Selective services
Island Hopping
Atlantic Charter
D-Day
Pearl Harbor
Atomic Bomb
Rations
Women in wartime industry-531
NAACP
Executive order 8802-544
Executive order 9066
Hirabayashi v. United States-548
Korematsu V. United States
Yalta-big 3
United Nations-565
Containment
Cold war-567
Truman Doctrine
Marshall Plan
Korean War-578
Sputnik
Bay of Pigs-592

12 comments:

  1. you have to finish the talking to the text on the test packet as well! I know it's alot of work, but you earn points are you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaydee and Cara, we missed you in class today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that's a lot, haha. We missed you too! I was in your city yesterday seein' my girl Taylorrr! <3 Yesterday was officially Taylor Swift Day in Fresno :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been studying my flashcards like crazy :) That's how I'm preparing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prepare by making sure I have a full stomache!!!! And also I hope that whatever is on the packet is similar to some of the questions that are on the CST because I've been reading that like everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That history CST was ..i felt was really more about logic. With the medium schema knowledge that i had and using the ttttt method that we learned useful.
    Heriberto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing the practice CST helped MAJORLY. I felt SO prepared to take the test, and I feel I did REALLY well on it. Learning to talk to the text helped even more. I figured out the questions I didn't know instead of just guessing. I look forward to getting the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been having pc problems, but somehow i got on. The CSTs have been interesting, and since it is last year for us juniors for testing, i have been taking my time. I would take atleast 1 hour on the test and then check or sometimes double check my work. A skill i also learned is that if i can not make up my mind on an answer, but i think i know it, i would fill in the bubble half way so i know i need to check later. I've been taking my time and i am usually last to finish because i just want to do well.
    -Tim Dowling
    P7

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will study for the CST test by reviewing my flashcards and try the remembering game where you read the card at least 3 times and then flip it over and try to remember what was written on it.

    Daniel Austin
    per.6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, that is intense.
    But I did it... I studied for it, I felt different taking the CST. I'm usually nervous about tests in general, but I feel like I kicked butt on it. Thanks Mrs. King, I remembered so much that way.
    Tamarra Valero
    Period 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. when will we know the results for our test mrs king? the one you gave us.

    ReplyDelete